Lilypie First Birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Spectacular Six Months

Six months = half a year.  How is it possible that our sweet little baby is closer to being one year old than to being a newborn?  We celebrated her official half-birthday with a little party, balloons, a present, and cake (for Mom and Dad of course).
 
Morning of my half-birthday!
 
 
Is all this for me?
 
 
Look Mom!  A toy!
 
 
Trying out my gift before bedtime.
 
 
Of course, a birthday wouldn't be a birthday without photos!  Trying to get her to smile is quite a challenge; she prefers to just be serious.  However, she loves the camera!
 
I'm a sitting pro!
 
 
My new favorite facial expression.
 
 
I'm here Mom!
 
 
Going to get the camera!
 
 
I can see myself in the reflection!
 
 
Little baby in a big chair...
 
 
Big, blue eyes!
 
 
 
 
 
Told you it was my favorite facial expression!
 
 
Oh!  Rattle!
 
 
I'm such a big girl!
 
 
 
Talking to my giraffe.
 
 
Hi Mom!
 
 
Contemplative...
 
 
If I must demonstrate my tummy skills...
 
 
Posing again!
 
 
I see you up there!
 
 
And of course, it wouldn't be a photo shoot without the outtakes.  I think there are some of the funniest yet!
 
Why don't you give me time to prepare for these things?
 
 
Outtake theme: Wide-eyed and scared...
 
 
 
 
What do you mean I can't have a pony?
 
 
Gonna get the camera!
 
 
Seriously...I want the camera!
 
 
If you don't give it to me, I'll just keep making this face!
 
 
Or I will make this one!
 
 
Scared again...
 
 
How about I just grab it?
 
 
Fine then.  I'll take giraffe instead.
 
 
Sneak attack grab!
 
 
Can we stop if I act sleepy?
 
 
Gotta sneeze!
 
 
Another sneeze coming!
 
 
Silly child!
 
 
I'll show you what I think about being on my stomach.  You forget I know how to roll over!
 
 
Amelia is truly growing like a weed!  She stared daycare at Odyssey in Hoover on September 10.  The week before she started she was just able to sit up unassisted.  However, after a week of daycare and on her six month birthday, she was officially sitting up!  I think she watches all her friends in her daycare class trying to figure out how they are sitting and moving so well.  She isn't crawling yet, but she reaches and stretches like she's remembering how the other babies were moving and trying to do it herself.  If you read the previous blogs, you saw she is already on solid foods and is even eating puffs.  Her favorite flavors are Strawberry-Apple and Blueberry.  She chatters all the time and will say "dada" when you say it to her.  She is enthralled with the dogs.  She loves to watch them run around and "pets" them whenever they are within reach.  She's still a happy and easy-going baby, and as long as she has her Wubba, she is fine wherever we go.
 
We went for her six month checkup on the week after her birthday.  Amelia weighed 14 pounds, 7 ounces and was 25.25 inches long.  That put her at 25 percentile for weight and 10-25 percentile for height.  She got 4 shots plus an oral vaccine.  On top of having a cold (her first official daycare virus), she was a grouchy baby that evening.  But she was back to normal within no time.
 
I love the crinkly paper!  Almost makes the shots worth it!
 
 
But what if I don't want any shots???
 
 
Oh fine.  Whatever you say...
 
 
Dearest Ibby - You amaze your parents on a daily basis.  Your little personality is just as sweet as you are.  We can already see that you are stubborn and independent (and easily frustrated) like your mom and curious and funny like your dad.  You have the sunniest disposition, and everyone comments on how content you are to just hang out.  We can't believe that you will be mobile soon!  I know it'll be all that we can do to keep up with you.  We love you to the end of the universe and back and back and back and back...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amelia~your mama always comes up with the perfect captions for your many faces :) We are so glad you are making so many friends and enjoying school! You are growing up so fast...we cannot wait to see you! I know we say it a lot but we miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious! And, you are so funny! I laughed and laughed!! :) Let's get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete